Canada is a vast northern country with an abundance of wildlife, plants, water, and other natural resources. But these resources are under threat from climate change, increased urbanization, and agriculture. That’s why many of our researchers are working on issues related to water management, protection, treatment, and optimization as well as ecosystem biodiversity and the conservation of marine, wildlife, and plant species.
- Canada Research Chair on Water Quality Modelling Chairholder: Peter Vanrolleghem, professor, Department of Civil and Water Engineering
- Canada Research Chair in Arctic Marine Ecosystems’ Response to Global Warming Chairholder:
- Canada Research Chair in Aquatic Ecosystem Studies Chairholder: Warwick Vincent, professor, Department of Biology
- CentreEau, Université Laval’s Water Research Centre Director: Peter Vanrolleghem, professor, Department of Civil and Water Engineering
- Centre for Northern Studies (CEN) Scientific director: Richard Fortier, professor, Department of Geology and Geological Engineering
- Québec-Océan, Québec’s interinstitutional group on oceanographic research Scientific director: Jean-Éric Tremblay, professor, Department of Biology
- Institut Hydro-Québec en environnement, développement et société (Institut EDS) Member of the scientific steering committee
- Institute for Systems and Integrative Biology (IBIS) Director: Louis Bernatchez, professor, Department of Biology
The Vice Dean of Research
The mission of the faculty’s Office of the Vice Dean of Research is to familiarize faculty members with research funding program requirements. Its research development advisors can assist researchers in preparing funding applications and drafting research contracts. They can also provide information and guidance on technology transfer opportunities.
Le Lab en ligne
The Faculty of Sciences and Engineering’s LAB en ligne is a virtual space that showcases and profiles the faculty’s research equipment and facilities. The service provides graduate students, faculty members, and industry professionals with access to state-of-the-art equipment at reasonable cost along with opportunities for collaboration.